Water Quality Management Services
DPRA’s engineers, geologists, and water quality experts offer comprehensive services related to managing discharges to surface and groundwater, surface and groundwater monitoring, and developing creative and sustainable solutions programs to reduce impacts to water while minimizing risk of liability. These services are provided in the context of multi-media compliance audits, site construction activities, risk assessment, groundwater investigations and remediation, and contaminant source identification.
- Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plans
- NPDES permit applications
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Operation, Maintenance, and Management (OMM) Plans for aboveground and underground storage tank systems
- Evaluations of on-site wastewater treatment systems and drinking water systems
- Sampling and analysis of drinking water, surface water, and groundwater samples
- Personnel training for compliance with permits, SPCC Plans, SWPPPs, OMM Plans, and operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment systems and drinking water systems
DPRA helps our clients to meet an ever increasingly strict enforcement stance of federal and state regulators. The importance of maintaining compliance to reduce risk of liability is exemplified by recent statements of the EPA Administrator, Lisa Jackson, in hearings before the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure that “the time is long overdue for EPA to re-examine its approach to Clean Water Act enforcement,” and that EPA plans to “develop more innovative approaches to target enforcement to the most serious violations and the most significant sources.”
Please see our other service area descriptions for more information on service areas that support our water quality management practice including: plan preparation, training, pollution prevention, and regulatory reporting.